Responsible Nutrient Management and Responsible Care
Responsible Nutrient Management requires the application of more usable plant food and in smaller quantities and stressing the importance of balanced formulations that include micro nutrients, precision placement, and prescription programs. The complete line of Agro-Culture Liquid Fertilizers’ achieve the same, and often better, results than conventional fertilizers.
Responsible Nutrient Management advocates using the most efficient cultural practices and usable plant nutrition products available. When the highest percentage of applied nutrients ends up producing a crop yield, the least environmental risk is created. Nutrients that are taken up to produce food and fiber do not end up in streams and lakes.
• Test Use a soil test to determine what your crop needs so you are not over applying nutrients.
• Rate Make sure you have a balanced program and you are getting the greatest productivity per unit of nutrient applied.
• Usability Placement of nutrients is important; make sure the nutrients are protected from loss and match the crop demands.
• Sustainable Maximize productivity by understanding the value of micronutrients and nutrient interactions.
• Timeliness The application of nutrients must be at the right time to match peak demands and the usability window of the nutrient.
• Invest wisely, know your yield history, know your soil capacity And remember, micro’s matter.
The Claire Initiative
At AgroSpray we honour life, property and the environment, through our commitment to safe and responsible work practices.
Health, safety and the environment are integrated through our work values and practices, and are incorporated into our own best practices. Continuous monitoring and improvement of our systems allow us to manage the effect of our processes on health, safety and the environment.
Continuous assessment of all of our business activities on health, safety and environment is our commitment as a corporate citizen and the focus or our corporate philosophy. Our goal is the continued protection of our employees, customers, suppliers, the public and the environment.
AgroSpray consistently scores AWSA excellence.
The Agrichemical Warehousing Standards Association (AWSA) was founded, and is managed by warehouse operators, manufacturers, distributors and governments working together. Its mission is the continuous improvement of agrichemical warehouse performance in Canada through the establishment of standards to improve environmental protection, working conditions and business risk. This is accomplished by ensuring that crop protection products are stored in certified warehouses. Warehouses are audited every two years by auditors who are specially trained and certified. The Standards are enforced through the diligent issuing and withdrawing of certificates by AWSA. Agrichemical manufacturers will not ship product to uncertified warehouses. In addition AWSA informs, educates and communicates with stakeholders and provides other services as required.